Looking for a place to relax or to celebrate your honeymoon? Do you love the beaches and exploring new cultures? Goa is the answer to the question. The one stop destination for the amalgamation of the Eastern and Western culture. Goa tour packages give you an unforgettable experience of the culture in Goa. It is still heavily influenced by the Portuguese and makes it an amazing holiday destination for a honeymoon, chilling with friends or family and spending time with yourself. You can enjoy looking at the sunset from the white beaches of South Goa or enjoy having a happening time at the shacks in North Goa.
Goa tour packages are usually divided according to your preference. The North Goa tour package are made to visit all the hep places and explore the fun side and the South Goa tour packages are to visit the beautiful white beaches, or you could take appreciate both sides of Goa. If you enjoy both kinds of places, make sure your Goa tour package has days to spend on both sides of the city.
By Air: The Goa International Airport is 29 km from the capital city Panaji. Goa is connected with almost all major cities and has good connectivity in the international destinations too. There is availability of taxis at the airport but there is no harm in including a taxi facility in your Goa holiday package.
By Road: Goa holiday packages even include AC and Non AC buses and the main bus stand is Kadamba bus stand. If you’re coming from anywhere close to Karnataka, the drive to Goa is long but picturesque. It makes your stay at Goa convenient.
By Train: Goa has great connectivity by train and the station is called Vasco da Gama and Madgaon. You can choose a Goa holiday package that includes train reservations as it makes the confirmation easy.
1. Fort Chapora: This fort in North Goa became famous after the Bollywood film Dil Chahta Hai’s iconic scene was shot. It is located in Bardez above the Chapora river. This fort is the testimonial of Goa’s rich history as it was built by the Mughal King Akbar with the help of the Marathas to refrain the Portuguese to enter the port city.
2. Fort Aguada: A Portuguese fort with the lighthouse is a must visit for every wanderlust. People who visit Goa often like to spend the time at the fort, that overlooks the sea from one side and the beauty of Goa city from one side. Many Goa holiday packages have accomodations near this fort. It has many interesting places like the Sinquerim beach neighboring it.
3. Beaches: There are a variety of beaches in Goa. For spending some time to relax yourself from your stressful life and enjoy white sand beaches, you must go to Varca, Benaulim, among many others. In many Goa holiday packages, there are resorts along on this side of Goa offer private access to beaches. Though it is often not part of the Goa holiday packages, Benaulim beaches have watersports and many adventurous activities. There is a fisherman’s market across the beach and you get to see the charm of Goa. The Northern beaches of Goa have all the life. There are tattoo artists and beach sports that you can enjoy with your partner or your entire family. Anjuna beach is the most happening place to be in Goa. You walk through the flea market and eat food and a beer at the many shacks near the coastline.
4. Churches: The Basilica of Bom Jesus Church in Goa is the most revered church, a manifestation of the state’s Portuguese heritage. Goa is very famous for this church and many tour packages highly recommend visiting this place
5. Casinos and Ships: Any trip to Goa is incomplete without spending a night at a Casino. Many Goa tour packages also include a stay at one of the casinos.
6.Adventure sports: with high rapids in the sea and enjoying the cool breeze, many tourists love to enjoy water sports like paragliding and surfing. Kayaking and windsurfing are some other sports that people enjoy, especially those who come from abroad. Honeymoon packages usually include the ferry and kayak rides, and you might get like and spot a dolphin.
7.Scooties: The real feel of Goa and what it has to offer comes when you hire a scooty and ride through the lanes. Since Goa has narrow but clean roads, it is a joy to ‘scooty’ your way and enjoy the scenery. Many honeymoon packages highly recommend this. All you need is a license and an authorized rental shop, and you’re good to go. Tour packages include such facilities if you want to avail them.
8.Spice Garden: Goa is very famous for the spices that they grow and sell throughout the world. Many Goa tour packages include a walk through a spice garden followed by a scrumptious Konkani meal.
North Goa is to kindle the happening side of you. People who travel in groups or enjoy partying tend to spend more time in the Northern part of Goa. With a long street of Pubs and clubs, every door that you open has a party. People sleep through the morning and party hard in the night. Tito’s is a highly recommended place to set your party animal free. You can enjoy sharing a good meal and some beers with your partner on the beach-side sea facing shacks as well. Goa holiday packages that have a stay in North Goa usually cater to people who enjoy partying late at night. Anjuna beach, that follows through a flea market has many other activities you can do. There are women sitting who can braid your hair with beautiful colored threads and enjoy shopping for trinkets. The rocky beach may not be an easy path to tread, but it makes a beautiful picture.
On the other hand, South Goa is for those who want to unwind and relax. The white sand beaches are beautiful but aren’t as crowded as the ones in the Northern part of Goa. Varca beach is a peaceful white sand beach, close quarters to many good hotels and resorts. You can enjoy your honeymoon walking on the beach at sunrise and sunset, the highlight of Goa. The sea is beautiful and you can take the pleasure of high tides in the evening. Benaulim beach, on the other hand, is more crowded as it is close to the fisherman’s market. If you enjoy your local fish (and can cook it too), you must buy it from Goa’s biggest fisherman market near the beach.
November to February is the best time to visit Goa. It is the peak tourism time. If you have the chance, you must spend Christmas and/or New Year at Goa and you will have the time of your life. There are sunburn festivals that happen during the end of the year at Goa and people book their stay in advance to rope in their chance to attend it.
Goa is a favorite destination for honeymooners. It has so many beaches to choose from. The most romantic beaches are Baga, Candolim, Calangute, Dona Paula and Mandrem in North Goa.
You can book a stay at one of the white beach resorts and spend time relaxing in the pool or the spa.
Some of the greatest tourist spots for honeymoon couples are the Aguada Fort, Anjuna beach and flea market, Chapora Fort.
Couples enjoy water adventure sports like kneeboarding, surfing, wakeboarding and jet skiing in Candolim beach, Mobor beach and Raj Baga beach.